Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Picture in My Head

I see things in pictures. All Past, present, and future are melded together in one internalized scrapbook.

My little girl amongst the flowers content in simply "plucking".

Thoughtful

Quiet

serene

The faithful click of my mind's eye capturing a fleeting moment.

My little boy soldiering through the tall, defiant blades of grass.

obstinate

unyielding

focused

I Focus on the baby boy changing before my eyes.

Ten Tiny Toes napping in a soft fleecy blanket

tiny snore

tiny yawn

tiny stretch

a flicker of a tender smile flashes before my eyes

Their

Every steady breath under the weight of my embrace;

Every little sigh that's gently lifted to my ear;

Every sweet and joyful whisper that caresses at my heart;

breathes life into my soul.

In Glorious Thanksgiving I praise God for each new day;

Each picture I develop in my mind.

As the moments persist onward and each second passes on,

I Thank Him for the Solace that I find

In My Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcome :)

"A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it
down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by
acting."- Henry David Thoreau.

“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
-Proverbs 22:6