Friday, December 19, 2008

Family Gingerbread baking!!!

Merry Christ-mas!!! Here we are, only 6 more days until Christmas... and there is still SO much to do. I am Happy to say that the kids and I have gotten the majority of our Christmas baking done. As you can clearly see from the picture... ----------------->

The kids had a wonderful time with frosting and sprinkles... So much so, that by the end of the night my table was frosted, my floors were frosted, and my entire house was "all a glitter" from the candied sprinkles Naturally, It would be a lie of omission if I didn't tell you that I got a little "sprinkle happy" as well. :) There is something about the Christmas season that brings out the child in all of us. It seems so easy to relax those Mommy muscles and give into the childhood crazies. So angelic are these little faces... the simplest of family activities has the ability to brighten the day, and instill that profound sense of child-like innocence and magic. Of Course, it took an entire DAY out of my busy schedule. But in THAT one day, I have accomplished more than in all the other days put together. I have allowed my children the feeling of JOY, Family, and quite possibly, I have afforded them a memory that will last a lifetime. JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY It is the virtue of the season, which we are challenged to live the whole year through JOY Jesus first Others second Yourself last It really shouldn't be THAT hard of a challenge to accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcome :)

"A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it
down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by
acting."- Henry David Thoreau.

“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
-Proverbs 22:6