Friday, September 5, 2008

Bringing about virtuous ladies

Yet again have I been struck by inspiration at the hands of my beloved books.

My heart is forlorn from the passing of the Era of virtuous Ladies, how I wish I had the power to aid in the re-creation of such a world.

A world of true virtue, honor and chivalry... if this were even a mere possibility... should I attempt to devote myself to such a cause?

AAH... but I fear it is too late to convince me not to....

This month we will commence with the first meeting of "The Pickwick Society".

There is no doubt, that you see my inspiration for such a society. Jane Austen, Little Women, Charles Dickens....Good Literature truly does breed good ideas!

It is in this great society that 30 young girls will study the Virtues.

These young ladies will explore the fine art of Handicraft; including needlework, nature study, arts and literature. They will also study the art of homemaking.

We are not merely fighting for a culture of successful and educated women, but a culture of successful and educated women who choose to use these acquisitions to their fullest degree. And what better Capacity is there to devote the greatest minds to, than the capacity of Wife, Mother and homemaker. Such women are the architects of the future. They have the potential to build a truly prosperous world!

These Most lovely young girls will learn the value of culture and etiquette, and there is little doubt in my mind that they will be the epitome of all that we dare to call "accomplished".

I am thrilled at the prospect of this "new" experience.

I am currently in the process of writing the handbook for this society... and I will endeavour to make it Worthy of such a cause!

You can rest assured that I will post all Pickwick activities... in the hopes of inspiring such societies in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcome :)

"A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it
down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by
acting."- Henry David Thoreau.

“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
-Proverbs 22:6