Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A lenten promise

I think this time I will strive to be a bit more steadfast in my resolutions.
This year has become a real eye opener for me.
There is so much that I have learned… There is so much that want There is so much that I have become dissatisfied with in my life.
I have been blessed to be able to read “Graced and gifted”… with my bi-monthly Mother’s group. It has re-awaken the sense of purpose in my life. It has reminded me WHY… I have chosen to be a wife and a mother.
I have also had the wonderful opportunity to revisit Charlotte Mason’s teachings… and in refreshing my soul with her marvelous works… I have been reminded in my duty as an educator.
As spiritual as I once was, I can clearly see that I have allowed myself to get too “distracted with life”.
How easy it is to loose focus on what it really important and replace it with menial everyday tasks. Each of these so- called tasks… has the ability to devour an entire day, and by the time I take a second to breathe and reflect upon the 12 hours prior…. I have found that they have been lost… they have passed into a state of “nothingness”. What is worse… is that this “nothingness,” has attached itself to my soul, like a life-hungry parasite. I am empty; I am hollow; If touched, I would , no doubt, cave in.
Have you ever felt the overwhelming hunger for MORE!! MORE quality time MORE quite time to reflect MORE Serenity MORE living MORE laughing MORE loving MORE Patience MORE … God…
Yes, more God… I want to be full of love for him And what’s MORE… I want to be able to take that love, and Just GIVE IT. I don’t want to save it I don’t want to store it in a box I don’t want to hold it… I just want to breathe it in for one brief second… And then pass it along. How deeply I wish to pass that abundance of love to my children…so that they too can feel it, if only for a fleeting moment. So this is my Lenten promise: To Toss away every second of distraction. Every second that I feel: Weak Over-whelmed Tired Impatient distracted And Frustrated I will turn into a moment of meditation. I will meditate on the Lord’s love and sacrifice for us. I will invest in spending these moments of meditation with my children… That they too will begin to abandoned all selfish vice and transform it into the greatest of all Fruits….LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcome :)

"A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it
down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by
acting."- Henry David Thoreau.

“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
-Proverbs 22:6