Thursday, March 12, 2009

Our Lady Of Fatima

My children and I were incredibly blessed yesterday to be invited to a Home visitation of the Blessed Mother of Fatima. It was an amazingly wonderful experience!
My children were in awe of the beauty of the 48" statue of Our Blessed Mother. We were all moved by the power of the Rosary... and my daughter walked away with more appreciation for the children of Fatima and their story.
The custodians who traveled with the statue gave an amazingly brilliant presentation. Their profound ability to bring a deeper appreciation for the story of Fatima to my children was so well done. I cannot say enough about this delightful experience.
Now days, I think that we, as parents and Christians, have a deeper appreciation for the desperate need to bring moral fortitude back into the world. I know that, as a homeschooling family, my greatest wish is to instill strength of virtue and moral courage in my children so that they are capable of standing up for what is right, pure and good. The message of Fatima should bring the urgency of confronting the assault against our Christian and Catholic values to the fore front of our hearts and minds. It is a reminder that we should not sit by with complacency and wait for bad things to happen... but that we should confront all such issues beforehand... so that our children and children's children will not fall deeper and deeper into the pits of societal degradation.
I encourage all to visit http://www.americaneedsfatima.org/ and support The American Society for the defence of Tradition, Family and Property.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments welcome :)

"A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it
down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by
acting."- Henry David Thoreau.

“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
-Proverbs 22:6